Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Mousse & Oat Milk Chocolate Glaze
Made by TCHO Pro David Rodriguez
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Silicone Mini Cake Mold
- Medium Saucepan
- Sheet Pan
- Cooling Rack
- Piping Bag with Wide Round Piping Tip
Makes 8 Servings
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray silicone mold (use a mold or muffin tin with cavities about 2 inches wide by 1.25 inches deep) with cooking spray and set on a baking sheet.
- Scale brown sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract into a medium bowl.
- Pour hot water over cocoa powder mixture and whisk until completely dissolved.
- Add distilled vinegar and oil to the cocoa powder mixture.
- Sift together the baking powder, sea salt, and the all-purpose flour over the cocoa powder mixture and combine.
- Scoop an even amount into the silicone mold.
- Bake immediately for about 10-12 minutes, rotating half way through.
- Let cool and unmold.
- Set cakes on cooling rack set in a fresh sheet pan, to be glazed.
70% Dark Chocolate Mousse
- In a small pot bring the instant coffee, water, glucose and chocolate to low simmer. Remove from heat and whisk to emmulsify.
- Place over an ice bath and whisk until consistency is just under soft peaks.
- Place into a piping bag fitted with 1¼-in pastry cutter, allow mousse to set to piping consistency before using.
Oat Milk Chocolate Glaze
1. Melt chocolate to 35-40*C and neutral oil and emulsify
2. Stir in cocoa nibs.
- Remove cakes from the mold and trim if necessary. Place the cakes on a glazing rack on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and put in the freezer until ready to be glazed.
- Pour glaze over cakes and transfer to a tray with parchment paper.
- Pipe Mousse on each cake (David used a plain pastry trip - Ateco: #802, 804, 806, or 808).
- Serve at room temperature.