...by Alana Buckley
Yields one 9-inch cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup TCHO Natural Cocoa Powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup TCHO Bittersweet 66% Dark Chocolate Discs
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease one 9" round cake pan.
- Sift or whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt).
- Whisk in egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract, until just combined.
- Whisk in boiling water.
- Pour batter into prepared cake and bake 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool
- Melt dark chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave in 15 second increments and mix until smooth.
- Fold-in Greek yogurt and vanilla.
- Frost your cake and garnish with your favorite fruit or some chocolate shavings!