...from Michelle Hernandez, owner of Le Dix-Sept, a San Francisco based French patisserie. Learn more about Le Dix-Sept at www.le17patisserie.com.
150 grams butter
200 grams TCHO Pro 66% Dark Chocolate Baking Discs
125 grams sugar
22 grams flour
pinch espelette powder (French chili powder)
100 grams almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 400oF. Butter a 9-inch round baking pan. Place a circle of parchment into the bottom of the pan.
2. Brown butter, let cool.
3. Melt the chocolate.
4. Separate the eggs.
5. Beat the yolks with the sugar. Mix in the brown butter. Fold in the chocolate. Sift in the cocoa and espelette powder, then almond flour.
6. Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold the whites into the batter.
7. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until set.
9. Cool completely before turning out of pan and serving.