...from Alana Buckley
Yields one 11-inch tart
4 large eggs
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (or organic sugar)
1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
1/3 cup butter, melted
powdered sugar, for topping (once the tart is out of the oven and cooled)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup chilled butter, cut into cubes
4 - 6oz TCHO Bittersweet 66% Dark Chocolate Discs
1/2 cup cream (or substitute a nut or plant base milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, lemon juice, granulated sugar, lemon zest and orange zest. Process on high until smooth. Add the butter, replace the cover, and blend again on high until smooth. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the flour and powdered sugar. Pulse a few times to combine. Add the butter and continue to pulse until the mixture looks sandy and the butter is fully incorporated into the flour and sugar. Recipe Tip: It’s best to use cold or chilled butter so your crust doesn’t form into a dough, you should be looking for a flaky crust.
- Place an 11-inch tart pan on a baking sheet. Pour the crust mixture into the pan. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Pour the filing into the crust, then transfer the tart into the oven. Bake until the center is almost set, about 30-35 minutes. Let cool and then chill.
- Heat the cream in a sauce pan on medium heat until the liquid is simmering. In a glass bowl, place the TCHO 66% dark chocolate baking drops and pour the cream over the chocolate. Let sit a few minutes and mix until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the chilled lemon tart and spread around until there is a thin layer over the lemon tart. Depending on the size of your tart, you may have more than you need to cover your tart, try starting with about 4oz of the chocolate and apply more as needed.
- When ready to serve, decorate with fruit or make some TCHO Chocolate shavings like we did to add texture to your tart and cut into thin slices to serve. Enjoy!