...from Alana Buckley
Yields one 8-inch cake or 8 individual cakes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter an 8-inch round baking pan or 8 small round pans and line the bottom with parchment paper and butter that also.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter together. Stir until smooth.
- Remove the top of the double boiler from the heat and whisk in the sugar.
- Add eggs in, one at a time and whisk.
- Sift the cocoa powder over the mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cake with a sifter. This cake will keep in an airtight container up to a week!