Recipe by Alana Buckley
Yields one 8-inch cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened TCHO Natural Cocoa Powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water (or hot coffee)
1 cup TCHO Bittersweet 66% Dark Chocolate Discs
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. Line a round 8-inch cake pan (or 8 × 8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish) with parchment paper and spray the sides and bottom of the pan.
2. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
3. Add in egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Mix on low until incorporated. When mixed in increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
4. Add in boiling water (or hot coffee) and gently stir. The batter will look very thin.
5. Pour batter into a prepared dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick is removed clean.
6. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then continue cooling on a rack until room temperature.
7. While the cake cools, make the frosting
1. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate baking discs in the microwave (or over a double boiler) in 15 second increments, stirring after each heating until the chocolate is fully melted.
2. Add the Greek yogurt and vanilla. Stir until the frosting is well combined.
3. Spread over cooled cake.