Toasted “Meringue” Chocolate Ganache Tart
Made by TCHO Pro Erin Kanagy-Loux
- Small Heat Proof Bowl
- Standing Mixer
- Whisk & Paddle Attachment
- Medium Size Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- 1, 8 or 9in Tart Dish
- Pie Weights
Makes 10 Servings
- Mix warm water and ground flax seeds together and let stand for 5 min (will become mucilaginous). Sift flour & TCHO Super Powder together, add salt.
- Place sifted dry ingredients and sugar into a mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment (alternately, you can use a bowl and a pastry cutter).
- Cube butter while it’s cold. Add cubes of butter to the dry ingredients and mix on medium until the butter and flour mix resembles a sandy texture.
- Add flaxseed mixture and mix on medium low speed. If the dough is dry and crumbling when squeezed, sprinkle a bit of water into the dough, mix and test again.
- The dough should be a “dry to the touch” dough. Not wet and sticky.
- Once dough has been developed, package into a 1” thick disk and chill for ~6 hours (or overnight).
- Once chilled, pull dough and let rest until the its room temp ~10min.
- Roll dough out between parchment paper or on the table with gluten-free flour to dust.
- Roll to ⅛” thick, chill 3-4 min (helps to form into tart shell).
- Dust both sides of the dough very lightly with gluten-free flour (to help prevent sticking) and carefully shape into tart mold.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Once the tart has been formed, chill dough until completely firm (1hr).
- Trim the top edge of the tart to create a clean, even edge.
- Line unbaked tart with parchment paper and fill with pie weights.
- Blind bake tart shell 15-20 min.
- Gently lift the parchment and weights and peek at the inner bottom dough. If it is matte and not glossy, shiny, remove the parchment and pie weights.
- Once weights are removed, place back into the oven for ~5 min or until the shell is fully baked through.
- Let it fully cool prior to removing from the pan.
Cashew Chocolate Ganache (filling)
- Gently melt chocolates together over a bain marie. One melted, set aside.
- Warm cashew cream and water to ~100ºF.
- Immersion blend the cashew cream mix into melted chocolate.
- Add salt and extract and blend until velvety, homogenous and completely lump free.
- Add cubed “butter” into the ganache and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Pour into blind baked tart shell and let chill until set.
- In a mixer bowl over a bain marie, heat sugar and pre-reduced aquafaba to an internal temperature of 183ºF. Whisk occasionally to endure the sugar melts and the mix is heated evenly.
- Once temp is reached, place it in a mixer with whip attachment.
- While whipping on medium-low whip cream of tartar, salt and xanthan (if using) into mix.
- Turn speed up to high and whip until a firm stiff peak. Add in vanilla and whip to incorporate. Place meringue into a piping bag and pipe meringue onto a fully set ganache tart. Gently brulee with a torch.
Cashew Cream (Make day prior to making ganache)
- Place cashews into a (1 qt) container and fill with filtered water.
- Let cashews soak 12-24 hr in the fridge, to soften.
- Once soaked, strain water and reserve.
- Place cashews into a blender, and add reserved soaking water back to cashews (gradually) to blend into a smooth puree (220g).
- Once smooth add ¼ tsp salt, 4g vanilla extract and ⅛ tsp xanthan (optional).
- Puree to combine and it's ready to use!