Recipe by Renee Cade
Yields about 2 dozen 2-inch cookies
TCHO 54% Dark Milk Chocolate
Maldon Sea Salt
- With an electric mixer and whisk attachment, whip yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Change the whisk attachment to a paddle and slowly add in the softened butter.
- Add in the flour mixture in thirds, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl with each addition.
- Then add in the cacao nibs and mix until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto plastic wrap and shape into an evenly sized rectangle if you want to roll out the dough and use cookie cutters. Or you can use the plastic wrap to roll the dough into a log about 2” in width. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350oF and prepare a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
- If using cookie cutters: on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out until it’s about 3/8” thick. Cut to your desired shape and place on baking sheet with about an inch in between each cookie.
If using logs: use a sharp chef’s knife to cut the log into 3/8’ thick slices and place on baking sheet with about an inch in between each cookie.
- If your dough has gotten a little warm, pop them back into the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to firm up, otherwise they’ll spread too much when baking.
- For cookies about 2” wide, bake for about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t over bake!
- Let cool completely
- Melt some chocolate down to dip half of the cookie or stripe/drizzle over the top.
- Sprinkle with the Maldon sea salt over the chocolate before it sets.