...from Chef Elizabeth Falkner
12 ounces TCHO 68% Dark Chocolate Discs (or a flavor of your choice)
2 ounces butter
4 ounces sugar
1 1/2 ounces almond meal
1 ounce TCHO Roasted Cacao Nibs
3 1/4 ounces flour
3/4 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 tablespoon Kosher salt
1 tablespoon whiskey
7 ounces powdered sugar, sifted
1. Melt chocolate and butter together.
2. In a separate, large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar together.
3. Combine almond meal, cacao nibs, flour, baking powder, and salt together in separate bowl.
4. Whisk egg mixture into melted chocolate. Fold in dry ingredients and whiskey.
5. Chill for 6 hours or more.
6. Scoop or roll in 1″ balls and roll in powdered sugar.
7. Bake in 325oF oven for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
Chef Elizabeth Falkner is the Chef of two Michelin recommended restaurants in San Francisco—Citizen Cake and Orson. She has also been a guest on various television programs and a contestant on Food Network’s Top Chef Masters and The Next Iron Chef: Super Chefs.