Recipe by Lexi Castagna
Yields about 2 dozen cookies
1 T flaxseed meal
2 T warm water
2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
¾ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp baking soda
¾ cup (140g) coconut oil or vegan butter/margarine
1 cup (210g) organic cane sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 T soy milk
6 oz TCHO 81% Extra Dark Chocolate Discs, roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed meal and warm water. Let sit to thicken up.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together coconut oil and can sugar on medium speed for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add flaxseed mixture to sugar and coconut oil mixture. Beat until incorporated and scrape paddle and sides of the bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and mix until incorporated. Scrape paddle and sides of the bowl.
- Add in dry mixture and mix on the lowest speed until just combined. Add the soy milk and mix together until just combined (start with 2 T and add the last 1 T as needed).
- Add in the chocolate chunks and mix until just combined.
- Scrape the paddle and remove. Scrape the sides of the bowl and ensure it’s evenly combined (lightly mix with spatula if necessary). Cover the bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookies with a 1-ounce cookie scoop or with spoons about 2 T in size. Evenly space on baking sheet and stagger cookies allowing for space to spread.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Rotate halfway through. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- Nosh or store in an airtight container!