This chocolate chip cookie recipe comes to us courtesy of our friends at Charm City Cheesemongers in Baltimore, MD.
4 ounces Rochefort Fleur de Sel Butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt or kosher salt
1 1/3 cups (or one 8oz. bag) TCHO Pro “Classic 39%” Milk Chocolate Discs
1. Beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until creamy.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla until incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Stir flour mixture into beaten butter mixture until combined. Then fold in baking discs.
5. Cover and chill batter until firm (preferably overnight).
6. To bake cookies, preheat oven to 350oF, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. Scoop cookie dough into 3/4″ rounds; placing on sheet and press down to flatten.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
If you can’t find Fleur de Sel butter for these decadent chocolate chip cookies, try using a high-quality European-style sweet butter and adding between 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon Fleur de Sel in the creamed butter and sugar mixture of step one. We’re particularly fond of Plugrá butters.