...from Lexi Castagna
300g powdered sugar
100g almond flour
70g all-purpose flour
30g TCHO Natural Cocoa Powder
A Pinch of salt
250g egg whites
1. Melt butter over medium heat. When the butter starts to foam up a bit, stir constantly with a spatula. The milk solids in the butter will sink and toast on the bottom of the pan, be sure to keep moving your spatula around the bottom of the pan to keep the solids from sticking and burning. Once the butter has turned a nice warm brown color with a delicious nutty aroma, remove from heat and pour into a heatproof bowl. Make sure you get the delicious toasty bits off the bottom of the pan! This is the flavor!
2. Sift the powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, salt and almond flour together. If the almond flour is too coarse to sift, just make sure that there are no large clumps.
3. Gently whisk in the egg whites.
4. Then mix in the apple compote followed by the brown butter.
5. Cover the batter and let rest overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 375oF (convection).
7. Grease two mini cupcake pans, or use mini cupcake liners if you prefer a little extra pizzazz!
8. Pipe or scoop the batter into the muffin tins until they are about half full.
9. Bake until a tooth pick comes out clean (about 18-20 minutes)