Yields 2 dozen biscotti
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons anise seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon brandy
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup TCHO Roasted Cacao Nibs
1/2 cup TCHO Pro “Chocolatey 70%” Dark Chocolate Discs, coarsely chopped
1 cup toasted walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325o Line heavy baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, aniseeds, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and stir to blend.
3. In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, blending until smooth. Add the brandy and vanilla.
4. On a low speed, and the flour mixture gradually, beating just until blended and scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice. Add the TCHO Roasted Nibs, TCHO “Chocolatey”, and nuts, and mix just enough to blend.
5. With two spoons, transfer the dough to the baking sheet, shaping 3 logs, each about 14 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide. Space the logs as far apart as possible (they will spread in the oven).
6. Bake until firm to the touch and lightly browned, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove logs from oven and let stand on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
7. Carefully transfer logs to a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut 1/2 inch wide slices on a diagonal.
8. Transfer the slices to the baking sheet, cut side down and bake for an additional 15 minutes. When finished baking, place on a rack to cool.
9. Store in an airtight container.
Biscotti is actually better the day after it is baked and will keep for at least 2 weeks.