1 pint your favorite ice cream. Pro Tip: each pint = 8, ¼ cup scoops.
1 dozen cookies (dealer's choice here, too!)
6 oz. TCHO 39% Milk Chocolate Discs
- Lay all cookies on parchment paper with 6 cookie bottoms facing up.
- For each sandwich, spoon about 1/4 cup ice cream onto the bottom of one cookie.
- Top with second cookie, bottom side down - press together gently.
- Before the ice cream melts, quickly wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- Keep in freezer for up to 4 hours or overnight.
- Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment or waxed paper.
- In a slightly simmering double boiler, melt the 39% chocolate discs until completely smooth.
- Working with 1 cookie sandwich out of the freezer at a time, unwrap from plastic wrap, dip half of the sandwich into melted chocolate, shake off excess chocolate and place on cookie sheet to harden.
- Make 'em pretty and extra delicious! Sandwiches can be garnished right after they’ve been dipped in chocolate with sprinkles, nuts, fruit, shredded coconut, drinking chocolate crumbles, nibs, slash any topping your little heart desires…
- Pro Tip: Dipping your frozen sammies will cause your melted chocolate will set up and harden quickly. Moving fast here is key!
Yield: 6 ice cream sandwiches