Yields 6-8 servings
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup Irish Whiskey Caramel Sauce (see below), divided use
Approximately 10 cups cubed French bread, (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
1/2 cup TCHO Bittersweet 66% Dark Chocolate Discs
Cinnamon and sugar for topping (about 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar mixed to combine)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup salted butter, cubed
2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup Irish Whiskey
1/4 cup milk
Whiskey Caramel Sauce
1. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Stir until the sugar completely dissolves. Stop stirring and allow to simmer until mixture is golden (about 17 minutes). DO NOT STIR! Remove from heat.
3. Carefully add butter and cream cheese, whisking constantly until all clumps are dissolved. CAUTION! Mixture will be very hot and can bubble up during this time. Stir in whiskey and milk. Mixture will bubble a bit at this step as well. Set aside.
1. In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, evaporated milk, eggs, and 2/3 cup caramel whiskey sauce in a large bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
2. Add bread cubes, using a spatula to push down and make sure each piece of bread is coated.
3. Cover and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to soak up all the goodness.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. If using a casserole dish, spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray, or spray each ramekin with nonstick spray (approximately 6 ramekins).
5. Pour bread mixture into prepared casserole dish, or divide between the prepared ramekins.
6. Sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar mixture and TCHO Chocolate Discs.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until set. Serve warm with more caramel-whiskey sauce.