Chef Jessie Sheehan's Giant Peanut Butter Cup
Made by Chef Jessie Sheehan, 3x NYTimes Award-Winning Cookbook Author of Snackable Bakes, Chef Contributor for The Bake Feed, Washington Post & Food52 & Podcast Host of She's My Cherry Pie
This recipe is featured on HBO Max, "What Am I Eating". Hosted by Zooey Deschanel.
- 2 Medium Bowls
- 2 Spatula's
- 9.5" Tart Dish or Spring Form Pan
- Mini Offset Spatula
- Have a 9.5" tart shell with a removable bottom, as well as a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave 2 cups of TCHO's Oat My Gawd oat milk chocolate baking discs on high in 20-second bursts, stirring with a flexible spatula after each burst.
- Add vegetable oil and stir until smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate on the bottom of the tart pan and up the sides with the back os a spoon.
- Set the chocolate tart pan on a baking sheet and place it in the freezer to chill, about 15 minutes.
Peanut Butter Filling:
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, confectioners sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Transfer the peanut butter mixture to the chocolate-coated tart pan and evenly spread with a flexible spatula.
- Microwave the remaining chocolate and oil in the same microwave-safe bowl you previously used, and pour it over the peanut butter filling, smoothing the top with an offset spatula (or spatula).
- Freeze until the sides of the pan easily pop off, about 30 minutes. The longer you wait, the easier they will pop out.
- Once removed, use a small pairing knife to dislodge the base from the bottom of the cup. Let sit a room temperature for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Slice with a large chef's knife, dipping the knife in hot water and drying it in between cuts for the cleanest slices.
- Keep the peanut butter cup, wrapped, in the refrigerator for up to a week.