Milk Chocolate Mousse with Caramel Sauce
Made by TCHO Pro David Rodriguez
"I use the TCHO 39% Classic Milk Chocolate my chocolate mousse, I love the caramel and butterscotch notes in the chocolate."
- Media Stainless Steel Pot
- Double Boiler
- Standing Mixer
Makes 6 Servings
- In a medium pot over medium heat slowly begin to cook sugar without agitating or stirring.
- When the sugar begins to dissolve slowly stir with a spatula until all the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Mix in corn syrup and then whisk in warm cream slowly, being cautious not to add too much cream or it will boil over.
- Once all the cream has been added, bring caramel to boil while whisking then turn off heat.
- When the caramel is no longer bubbling add butter and salt, whisk until emulsified.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature before pouring into your serving vessel.
- Recipe yields more than needed so add as much caramel as you'd like.
- Store in the refrigerator until you finish making mousse.
Mousse Chocolate Base
- Bloom gelatin in a small amount of water until pliable, then remove and set aside.
- In a medium pot bring milk to a boil. Then remove from the heat and add the bloomed gelatin, stir with spatula until dissolved.
- Pour Milk mixture over melted chocolate and with a whisk until emulsified.
- Allow to cool to about 35ºC-40ºC (95ºF -104ºF).
Pâte á Bombe
- Set up a double boiler over medium heat with a bowl that fits snuggly on the pot but does not touch the water directly.
- Combine the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, water, and salt to make the pâte á bombe mixture by whisk gently in the the bowl of the double boiler. Cook to 82ºC-85ºC (179ºF -185ºF).
- Pour the cooked egg mixture into a stand mixer fitted with whisk, whip on high until cool and it holds a ribbon when you lift the whisk from the mixture.
- Gently fold pâte á bombe (egg mixture) into the previously made milk chocolate ganache base.
- Finally, fold in reserved soft whipped cream. Then, quickly and gently scoop into a vessel of choice previously filled with caramel at the bottom.
- Allow to chill for 3 to 4 hours. Then, garnish with Super Powder and chocolate shavings.