Modified from Serious Eats
Yield: about 1.5 cups
1 cup vodka
2 T TCHO Roasted Cacao Nibs
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried wormwood
¼ tsp angelica root
½ tsp sesame seeds
1 dried ancho chile
½ cup water
1 T agave syrup
- In a sealable glass container, combine the vodka, cacao nibs, cinnamon stick, clove, oregano, wormwood, angelica root, and sesame seeds.
- Seal and give it a good shake to make sure there are no clumps.
- Steep at room temperature away from direct sunlight for 1 week. Everyday around the same time, shake the jar to agitate the ingredients and ensure maximum infusion.
- After 7 days, coarsely chop the dried ancho chile and add to the jar (including the seeds!). Steep for 2 more days, shaking each day.
- Strain infusion mixture through a coffee filter.
- In a clean glass container, mix together the strained liquid, water, and agave until agave has fully dissolved.
- Store at room temperature for 1 more day to let all of the flavors meld fully. Keep sealed and away from sunlight for up to 1 year.
- Add into your favorite cocktail, use for our Spice Up TCHO Life cocktail or add a dropper or two to your cold brew!