2 medium shallots
1/4 cup TCHO Drinking Chocolate
4 6-ounce bison (buffalo) steak medallions, such as Great Range brand
Freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 to 3/4 cup Zinfandel or Syrah
1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons TCHO Roasted Cacao Nibs
Pinch sugar (optional)
Several sprigs flat-leaf parsley
1. Mince the shallots and set aside.
2. Sprinkle the TCHO Drinking Chocolate on a plate; use it to lightly coat the both sides of each steak. Lightly season both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking oil spray and place it on the middle oven rack; preheat to 325o
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes, then turn them over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Both sides should have a slightly seared, chocolate-brown crust. Use tongs to transfer the meat to the baking dish in the oven.
5 .With the skillet still over medium heat, add the shallots and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they have softened. Add the wine and beef broth; increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by at least a third. Add the mustard and stir to combine.
6. Turn off the oven and transfer the meat to the counter to rest (an internal temperature of medium-rare should register 145oF on an instant-read thermometer).
7. Add the TCHO Cacao Nibs to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning; add the sugar, if using. Meanwhile, finely chop the parsley leaves.
8. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the chopped parsley, stirring to combine.
9. Divide the medallions among individual plates and spoon the TCHO Cacao Nib sauce over the top. Serve immediately.