Recipe by Lexi Castagna
Yield: about 25-30 truffles
12 oz. heavy cream
3 T black tea (like Darjeerling)
1/2 tsp of fennel seeds, toasted
2 cinnamon sticks
12 cardamom pods
2 pinches of salt
14 oz. TCHO 70% Chocolatey Dark Chocolate from Ghana, chopped
2 T butter, softened
TCHO Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Raw pistachios, chopped
dried cranberries, chopped
shredded unsweetened coconut
- Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, scald cream with the fennel, cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves until 190oF. Remove from the heat and add the black tea. Cover and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Over medium heat, bring the cream mixture back up to to 190oF and strain over chocolate. Let chocolate sit in warm mixture for about a minute to melt.
- Whisk to emulsify the cream and chocolate. Let cool at room temperature and cover touching the ganache with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator until set.
- Scoop ganache to about 1 T in size. Roll with your hands to smooth out the shape into a sphere.
- Roll in the toppings of your choice! We used cocoa powder, chopped pistachios, chopped cranberries, and unsweetened shredded coconut!
- Serve or store in an airtight contain for about 1 week.