Recipe by Lexi Castagna
Yield: about 32, 1½“ squares
1/2 cup (57g) All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup (106g) Rye Flour
1/2 cup (43g) TCHO Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted butter, cold, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons (43g) honey
2 tablespoons (28g) cold milk
- Preheat oven to 325oF. Prep two baking sheets and have two pieces of parchment paper that will fit on your baking sheets ready.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and honey. Stir to dissolve the honey. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, rye flour, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Sift ingredients if needed!
- Cut-in the cold butter cubes using a pastry blender or by smooshing/breaking up the butter with your fingers until the butter pieces are smaller than peas and the mixture is sandy.
- Add in the milk and honey mixture and stir mixture with a fork until evenly distributed.
- Knead the dough in the bowl just until the dough is even and smooth. Divide the dough into two pieces, roughly shape into a rectangle.
- Place one of your formed dough halves on to one of your pieces of parchment on a flat counter or surface. You can use another piece of parchment on top or use plastic wrap to lay on top of the dough and parchment, then roll out the covered dough into a rectangle that is about 1/8” thick. Remove the top layer of plastic or parchment.
- Dock the dough with a fork and transfer to your baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes. Immediately cut into 1½“ squares and let cool.
- Toast up some marshmallows, break off a piece of your favorite TCHO bar, and smoosh ‘em in between two of these graham crackers for our take on the glorious dessert sandwich that we call a S’more!