Yield: about 4 cups of liquid, 16-20 small popsicles
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup TCHO Natural Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 T cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
2T sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp anise extract (optional)
1/4 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
TCHO Bittersweet 66% Dark Chocolate Baking Discs for dipping (about 6-8 oz.)
- Prep a space in your freezer for your popsicle molds and a baking sheet to keep them level if needed.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt with a whisk. Add just enough milk to mix into a smooth paste (this helps prevent lumps from forming).
- Add the remaining milk while whisking constantly and the sweetened condensed milk.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a simmer, constantly stirring and scraping the sides with your whisk or a heatproof rubber spatula until the mixtures bubbles at the edges. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Mixture will be thickened.
- Remove from heat and add your vanilla, anise extract, and cardamom if you you'd like.
- Pour mixture into a heatproof measuring cup or container that you can easily pour from.
- Fill your molds and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze until solid.
- Melt the dark chocolate and set aside. Prep a piece of wax paper to set your dipped popsicles on.
- Pop those treats out of their molds. Then, dip into the melted chocolate gently shake off excess chocolate. Place onto the wax paper.