Recipe by Alana Buckley
Yield: 40 marshmallows
2 packets (½ oz) unflavored gelatin
¼ cup ice cold water
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
¼ cup water
2 oz TCHO Drinking Chocolate Crumbles or TCHO 66% Bittersweet Dark Chocolate (melted)
⅛ cup powdered sugar
⅛ cup cocoa powder
⅓ cup cornstarch
- In a standing mixer, combine the gelatin with ice cold water. Give it a quick swirl to prevent the gelatin from clumping up. Let the mixture sit for about 3-4 minutes.
- In a small saucepan - medium heat, add sugar, corn syrup, a dash of salt, and water and bring to a boil with a lid on the pan. Once the mixture is boiling, remove the lid and cook the mixture until your candy thermometer reads 240*F. Remove from heat.
- Using a whisk attachment on the standing mixer, mix the gelatin on low speed. Pour the hot sugar mixture as the mixer is slowly whisking. Once all of the sugar mixture has been added, increase the speed to high and whisk for about 8-10 minutes until it starts to look white and silky. It should now be a soft, white, silky mixture that is slightly warm to touch.
- Add melted chocolate and mix for one more minute.
- Spray your 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and coat it with ⅓ of your powdered sugar, cornstarch and cocoa powder ingredients. Pour the marshmallow fluff into te pan and spread it out with a rubber spatula. It helps if you spray your spatula with a little non-stick spray too. Dust the top with more powdered sugar, cornstarch and cocoa powder.
- Let marshmallows sit uncovered for about 4 hours.
- Remove the marshmallows out of the pan and place onto a cutting board. Cut the marshmallows into your desired shape. You can either use a knife or cookie cutters.
- Coat each marshmallow with powdered sugar, cornstarch and cocoa powder.
- Store in a container for up to 4-5 days.