Yield: one 18x13-inch baking sheet
2 cups cashew butter
2 ½ cups coconut sugar
1 T maple syrup
1 cup oat milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups roasted nuts (your choice)
10.5 oz TCHO Pro Chocolatey 70% Dark Chocolate
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Toast nuts (if needed) in a preheated oven at 350F for about 8-10 minutes. Let cool and roughly chop.
- Prepare a half sheet pan with a silicone mat or a layer of oiled aluminum foil.
- Melt the cashew butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, oat milk, and salt in a stainless steel pot on medium heat with a candy thermometer until it reaches 285F.
While the sugar is cooking, melt your chocolate in a glass bowl with coconut oil in the microwave.
Recipe Tip: Microwave the chocolate in 30 second increments on half power, stir, and repeat until melted. This will prevent the chocolate from burning in the microwave. Set aside.
- Once the cooked sugar reaches 285F, pour carefully onto the sheet pan and spread it around with your spatula until the top looks even.
- Let the toffee set for about 5-8 minutes or until the top looks shiny and starts to harden. Then pour the chocolate on top and spread until evenly coated before the chocolate sets, sprinkle the sea salt and nuts on top.