Last Updated: February 17, 2023
1. Categories of Personal Data We Collect
Categories of information that we collect about you are set forth below:
- - Identifiers such as name, customer identifier, email address, telephone numbers, and ZIP code;
- - Demographic data such as gender, age, and date of birth;
- - Transaction data such as your order details and payment data, including, without limitation, credit card information (e.g., full number, last 4 digits, and type), shipping and billing addresses, and billing history;
- - Security credentials such as your login ID and password;
- - Website usage and tracking data such as browsing history and information regarding your device (such as your IP address, device identifiers, networks, browser, and operating system);
- - Reviews, opinions, comments, inquiries, and indications about TCHO’s goods and services; and
- - Other categories of personal data necessary for the purposes described in Section “How We Use Your Personal Data” below (if required under applicable law, we will notify you of the categories of such personal data separately).
As described in Section 3. “How We Share Your Personal Data” below, we may collect personal data from our affiliates. We may also collect personal data from publicly available sources such as third-party websites, blogs, social media sites, and professional networking sites.
2. How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the purposes described below:
- - fulfilling our contractual obligations in relation to transactions with you including, without limitation, processing your orders and payments;
- - communicating with you about the goods, services, campaigns, contests, sweepstakes, and other events offered by including, without limitation, responding to your inquiries and opinions, providing news and information which we think will be beneficial to you, or notifying you of promotional events, and shipping out prizes related to campaigns, contests, sweepstakes, and other events;
- - administering and managing your participation in surveys, campaigns, contests, sweepstakes, the Taster’s Circle email / SMS subscriber communications, tours, and other events;
- - monitoring and analyzing trends, usage and the status of activities in connection with our goods and services with an aim to improve or develop our goods and services;
- - detecting, investigating, and preventing fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities; and protecting or defending the rights and property of TCHO, you, and others;
- - conducting marketing and advertising based on your tastes and preferences by analyzing information such as browsing history obtained from you;
- - reporting internally;
- - carrying out any other purpose described to you at the time personal data was collected;
- - conducting internal audits;
- - complying with applicable laws, regulations, and other requirements (such as cooperating with law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities, and other governmental agencies);
- - responding to any request from you; and
- - carrying out such other purposes as mentioned in Section “How We Share Your Personal Data” below.
We may also enhance or merge data we collect from you with data collected from third-parties for purposes of marketing products and services to our Customers.
3. How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share or disclose your personal data as described below:
- - sharing among our affiliates (i) where such sharing is necessary for the purposes described in Section 2. “How We Use Your Personal Data” above, or (ii) with your consent, if prior consent is necessary under applicable law;
- - sharing with distributors and retailers for providing Customers with our goods and services, provided that they are required to use the personal data which we share only for the purpose of providing Customers with our goods and services and to process such personal data in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- - sharing with digital marketing and web development agencies for digital marketing and website related activities, provided that they are required to use the personal data which we share only for the purpose of digital marketing and/or developing and updating websites for us and to process such personal data in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- - sharing with external analysis agencies for evaluation of product defects, provided that they are required to use the personal data which we share only for the evaluation purpose of product defects and to process your personal data in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- - sharing with companies or individuals (including, without limitation, service providers, agents, sub-contractors and contractors), where such sharing is necessary for providing our goods, campaigns, contests, sweepstakes and services, including, without limitation, sending consumer prizes to you, provided that they are required to use the personal data which we share only for the purpose of providing our goods, campaigns, contests, sweepstakes and services and to process your personal data in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- - sharing with our professional advisors and representatives such as lawyers, accountants, and financial advisors, to the extent necessary and only if they are bound to keep your personal data confidential;
- - disclosing where required by law, where requested by a government entity, or where necessary to prevent crime or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of TCHO, its officers and employees, Customers, or any other person; and
- - sharing personal data as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
We may also share statistical, aggregated, or de-identified information with third-parties in a form that cannot reasonably identify you.
4. Data Transfers Outside of the Country
We may transfer any personal data we collect from you to countries outside of the U.S. (including, without limitation, those where our affiliates are located) and handle the personal data in such other countries, unless the transfer is restricted by applicable law.
We endeavor to take reasonable physical, technical, and procedural measures to safeguard personal data. For example, we adopt a variety of technical solutions designed to make shopping safe at our website such as utilizing industry standard encryption methods. We also restrict access to your sensitive data both online and offline and authorize access to sensitive data only by those personnel who need access to such data to perform their job responsibilities and have received training on our security and privacy practices. However, no data transmission over the Internet or security measures can guarantee security. You must keep (including, without limitation, taking reasonable steps to keep) confidential any user names and passwords issued by or relating to our website and inform us promptly of any possible compromise or security breaches. If you have any questions about the security of our website, you can send an email to info@TCHO.com.
6. Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers may have a “Do Not Track” setting that transmits a “Do Not Track” signal. TCHO currently does not respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed.
7. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies and other similar technologies are used on certain pages of our website and other third-party websites. Cookies are a technology for communicating between the website’s server and the browser. With cookies, your viewing history of a certain website such as our website is recorded, which makes your use of the internet more personalized or beneficial. Cookies are widespread as a standard technology of the internet, and are used by many sites for the purpose of improving customer convenience, displaying advertising to customers and collecting statistics. We may allow certain third-party analytics providers to include cookies and similar technologies within the pages of the website to collect information regarding how visitors use the website and the effectiveness of the website to help us improve and optimize the website and products and services we offer.
By changing the cookie settings, you can block cookies that are not strictly necessary. However, by blocking cookies, you may become unable to use some of the services on the site. Furthermore, depending on your usage environment (such as browser settings and internet connection), it may not be possible to block cookies.
8. Emailing and Marketing Communications
You may opt out of our marketing communications by following the methods below or by contacting us as set forth below in Section 10. “Contact Details”.
- - To unsubscribe from email communications, please click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.
- - To unsubscribe from SMS messages, please reply to the SMS message with “STOP.”
Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications, you may still receive our messages that are necessary for transactional and administrative purposes.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents to request information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal data for third-parties’ direct marketing purposes.
9. Third-Party Services / Websites
Our websites contain links to third-party websites. We bear no responsibility for anything related to such other websites linked from our websites, including, without limitation, for the privacy on such other websites. In addition, we bear no responsibility for any handling of personal data or other information submitted by you through those websites, or otherwise collected from you by those website operators.
10. Contact Details
We follow applicable laws and regulations when collecting personal data from children. We do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 13. If you believe a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal data, please contact us by calling (844) 877-8246. Please note that such contact must be made by a parent or legal guardian of that child.