Ginger Molasses Thumbprints with Grand Marnier Ganache
Made by Gourmandise School in Santa Monica
- Standing Mixer
- Paddle Attachment
- 2 Cookie Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Scoop
- Double Boiler
Makes 16 Servings
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the molasses and the egg, scraping well here and there, until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Add in the ginger and orange zest.
- Combined all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until just combined. C
- hill the dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookies with a ¾ ounce scooper or 2 Tbsps.
- Roll the cookies into the turbinado sugar and place 1” apart on cookie sheets.
- Make a dent with a melon baller or thumbprint. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just set on the edges. Cool on the cookie sheets.
Grand Marnier Ganache:
- Using a microwave or double boiler, melt the chocolate and heavy cream together, careful to stir often and never melt the chocolate fully over either heat source.
- Once the chocolate is about ¾ of the melted, take it off the heat and stir until smooth.
- Add in the butter and stir until has melted completely. Stir in Grand Marnier.
Once cookies are nearly cooled all the way, spoon or pipe the ganache into the center of each cookie. Add a touch of orange zest or candied ginger, if desired.