Choco Blanco White Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts
Made by Pastry Chef Claudia Ramirez with Miller Union Restaurant in Atlanta
- Small Ramekin
- Mixer with hook attachment
- 2-3 Medium Bowls
- Chefs Knife
- Deep pan
- Fryer pot with strainer
- Bain Marie
- Sauce pan
- Pastry Blender
Makes 24 Servings
- Bloom yeast in warm water and set aside.
- Place dry ingredients in a kitchen aid bowl with a hook attachment and mix on low.
- Add in warmed up coconut oil.
- Add eggs and yeast/water mixture.
- Mix on medium speed until dough comes together.
- Spray non-stick spray in a medium bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let proof in cooler for 2 hours.
- Once doubled in size, remove from bowl and flour your countertop by dusting flour on the surface.
- Once a well-floured surface, roll out dough to 3/8-in thick. Cut out dough 7/8-in ring for mini holes.
- Pre-heat the oil in a deep fryer or Dutch oven to 325 degree's F. Gently place the doughnuts into the oil, 3-4 at a time. Cook for 1 minute per side.
- Place in glaze and coat all sides, top with Maldon Salt.
TCHO 35% Choco Blanco & Pink Peppercorn Glaze:
- Melt the TCHO 35% Chocol Blanco oat milk white chocolate over a water bath.
- Remove from heat and whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Coat doughnuts with the chocolate mixture.
Rhubarb Orange Compote:
- In a large saucepan over medium-heat, combine rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Allow the mixture to cook stirring occasionally, until rhubarb releases juices and the mixture comes to a boil. About 8 minutes.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture starts to get thick. About 15 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, orange juice, fruit zest and vanilla.
- Pour into desired container and cool down in cooler for about one hour.
- Serve over doughnuts.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry blender, combine ingredients until you have pea sized crumbs and there is no dry flour remaining.
- Evenly spread out on a half sheet tray and bake at 325 degree's F for about 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to a summer.
- Strain into a container and chill in an ice bath until cooled down.
- Add vodka and lime zest.
- Place the base in an ice cream machine and follow manufacturer's instructions.