Yields six, 2.5oz ramekins
2/3 cup (3.5 oz) TCHO Bittersweet 66% Dark Chocolate
1/2 cup Aquafaba (See Recipe Note)
2 T Sugar
1/4 cup Oat Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
Pinch of Salt (optional)
1/4 cup Aquafaba
1/2 T Sugar
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, then let cool to room temperature.
- In a standing mixer (or electric hand mixer), whip aquafaba with a whisk until stiff peaks form (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Add sugar and vanilla extract when stiff peaks start to form.
- Fold in a third of the aquafaba to the chocolate. Try not to add the hot melted chocolate to the whipped aquafaba or your mousse will deflate or have a grainy texture!
- Pour oat milk over the aquafaba and melted chocolate mixture and mix in to create a smooth ganache.
- Fold the rest of the aquafaba into the ganache.
- Pour the mousse into desired ramekins/glass/cup.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving and top it off with your favorite garnish!
- In a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, whip aquafaba and sugar with a whisk until stiff peaks (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Add a dollop to your chilled mousse and enjoy!
Recipe Note: For the aquafaba, use the liquid from a can of chickpeas, preferably salt-free if you can find at your local grocery store. A can of low sodium will work as well, just leave out the pinch of salt in the mousse!