Elegant Vegan Dark Chocolate Mousse
Made by Western Regional Sales Manager, Renee Cade
- Double Boiler
- Kitchenaid Mixer/Hand Mixer
- Whisk Attachment
Makes 6 Servings
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, then let cool to room temperature.
- In a standing mixer (or electric hand mixer), whip aquafaba with a whisk until stiff peaks form (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Add sugar and vanilla extract when stiff peaks start to form.
- Fold in a third of the aquafaba to the chocolate. Try not to add the hot melted chocolate to the whipped aquafaba or your mousse will deflate or have a grainy texture!
- Pour oat milk over the aquafaba and melted chocolate mixture and mix in to create a smooth ganache.
- Fold the rest of the aquafaba into the ganache.
- Pour the mousse into desired ramekins/glass/cup.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving and top it off with your favorite garnish!
- In a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, whip aquafaba and sugar with a whisk until stiff peaks (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Add a dollop to your chilled mousse and enjoy!
- Recipe Note: For the aquafaba, use the liquid from a can of chickpeas, preferably salt-free if you can find at your local grocery store. A can of low sodium will work as well, just leave out the pinch of salt in the mousse!