Passionfruit Chocolate Squares
Made by Made by The Gourmandise School
- 8"x8" Glass Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Standing Mixer
- Paddle Attachment
- Medium Bowl
Makes 16 Servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 8"x8" pan with parchment paper.
- To make the shortbread crust, cream the butter, flour, and sugar until it just comes together.
- Press into the bottom of the lined baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden throughout.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate. Once melted, spread and cool to set.
- Prepare the filling by whisking the sugar, flour, starch, and zest in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs, passionfruit juice, and melted butter until smooth.
- Pour over the baked crust and chocolate and return to the oven for 12-17 minutes, or until just set in the center.
- Cool while you make the topping.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together, either over a double boiler or a microwave.
- Stir and pour over chilled bars.
- Cool to set.