Made by Kindra Lloyd, The Rose Wife Baked Goods
Makes 24 Servings
- On two half baking sheets lined with parchment paper, arrange the pecans, three at a time to look like a peace sign. Toast the pecans under the broiler until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt the caramel and oat milk together. Set aside for a few minutes to thicken. Place one heaping teaspoon of caramel over the center of each turtle.
- For the chocolate, tempering is ideal, but if not tempering, melt TCHO's Sweet & Sassy bittersweet chocolate in 15 second increments in the microwave, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Once the caramel is completely cool, place one heaping teaspoon of chocolate on top of the caramel. If the chocolate is tempered, it will quickly solidify. If not, it will take longer for the chocolate to firm. Keep in mind, placing chocolate in the fridge will make it sweat.
- Top each turtle with a couple flakes of sea salt.
- Once the turtles are fully hardened, carefully lift the turtles off of the parchment paper and press the bottom side into the finely chopped pecans.
- Serve and enjoy. Turtles are best enjoyed the day they are made.