Olive Oil Ganache Tart with Salted Chocolate Almond Crust
Made by Lexi Castagna
- Parchment Paper
- Standing Mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Tart Shells (4, 4in Tartlets or 1, 9in tart)
- Medium Bowl
- Double Boiler
Makes 4 Servings
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and line a baking sheet with of parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, combine turbinado, flour, and almonds.
- Cut in butter and mix on medium-low speed until the mixture is crumbly; roughly the size of peas.
- Evenly distribute mixture over baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. About every 10 minutes use an offset spatula to mix and break up crumble. This keeps the edges from getting too dark.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- While the crumble is cooling, melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave on half power, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- In a clean stand mixer bowl, add the crumble, melted chocolate, and sea salt. Mix on low to combine.
- Immediately mold into lightly greased tart shell(s). Press firmly to compact. Crust should be about ¼ inch thick.
- Let set at room temperature.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt chocolate over a double boiler.
- Whisk in butter and olive oil until emulsified.
- Pour into prepared crusts, lightly tap to release air bubbles and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let set at room temperature and enjoy!