Made by The Gourmandise School
- 8"x8" Glass Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Medium Sauce Pan
- Medium Bowl
Makes 16 Servings
- Line 8"x8" square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan and over medium low heat, whisk until the butter has melted and brown sugar has dissolved (this step is what gives the brownies that deep, butterscotch flavor).
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the dark chocolate until melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the eggs until a smooth batter forms (watch it magically go from slimy to homogenous in 10-12 strokes of your whisk).
- Whisk in the flour and salt until just combined.
Peanut Butter Filling:
- Mix all ingredients in a medium size bowl. Set Aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate and peanuts.
- Pour half of the chocolate brownie batter into the lined pan and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Spread the peanut butter filling over the batter and smooth to make it even.
- Top with the remaining brownie batter and bake for 20 minutes, or until the center is just set.
- Let these cool until room temperature.
- Spread the chocolate glaze over the cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the top.
- Chill to set before cutting.