Chocolate Raspberry Amaretto Truffle Cake
Made by Nathan Lyon
- 9in Springform Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Glass or Metal Bowl
Makes 10 Servings
- Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by spraying the bottom and sides of the pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment paper (cut to size). Press the parchment to the pan so it sticks. Spray the parchment paper (bottom and sides).
- Set an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the butter and chocolate to a heatproof glass or metal bowl, set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring slowly to combine. The simmering water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Once melted, remove from the heat.
- Add the dark brown sugar, strained raspberry preserves, amaretto and salt to the butter/chocolate bowl and whisk to combine (the sugar will not completely dissolve, that’s okay).
- Whisk in the eggs and egg yolk until fully incorporated.
- Add the sifted flour and cocoa powder mixture and gently fold to combine with a rubber spatula.
- Give one more stir, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan, using the rubber spatula, and then pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Use the spatula to get all of the batter out of the bowl.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before removing and serving.