Chocolate Honey Cake
Made by TCHO Pro Jessica Craig
- Kitchenaid Mixer
- Medium Size Bowl
- 2, Cake Pans
- Cooling Rack
- Double Boiler
- Serrated Knife
- Offset Spatula
- Liquid Measuring Cup with Spout
Makes 10 Servings
Chocolate Honey Cake
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and butter one, 6-inch cake round.
- Mix together sugar, flour, TCHO Super Powder, baking soda, salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined.
- Add egg, milk, canola oil and vanilla. Beat on a medium speed until smooth.
- Add the hot water in 2 additions until completely absorbed into the batter.
- Divide the cake batter between the 2 cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 350ºF oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then turn out the cakes onto the racks and allow to cool completely.
- Place TCHO Sweet & Sassy 66% into a large glass bowl. Set aside.
- In a tall pot, heat the cream and honey on medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for about 3 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Add the salt and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Chill slightly over an ice bath or allow it chill for about an hour before use. The ganache should be lightly firm and spreadable like a buttercream.
- Carefully cut the chocolate cake into 4 layers using a serrated knife (roughly ½-inch thick).
- Place the first layer of cake onto a plate then spread the chocolate ganache evenly over the cake using an offset spatula, then repeat 3 times.
- Spread ganache on the outside of the cake using an offset spatula.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until ganache is set on the cake until the ganache looks like a chocolate shell.
- Heat up the remaining amount of ganache until warm then pull out the cake from the refrigerator and place it over a cooling rack.
- Pour the ganache over the cake allowing the ganache to drip over the sides of the cake.
TCHO Pro Tip: Use a blow torch (as safely as possible) to smooth out the ganache on the sides of the cake.
Cut and enjoy!