Chocolate Chocolate (& Chocolate) Cookies
Made by Katie Miller with the Gourmandise School
- 2 Sheet Pans
- Parchment Paper
- Standing Mixer with Paddle Attachment
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 2-inch Cookie Scoop
Makes 20 Servings
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Place the room temperature butter and sugars in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a deep bowl if you are using a hand-held beater. Cream the three ingredients until thick, homogenous paste forms and then beat until the mixture is fluffy and noticeably lighter in color.
- Add in the eggs and salt and mix until smooth. Add in the chocolate and beat until they are evenly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Add in with the mixer off and then mix on low until just combined.
- Scoop cookies onto a parchment-paper lined sheet pan; they spread somewhat generously, depending on the flour, so leave about 2 inches of space between cookies. Bake for 14 minutes in a traditional still oven and about 11 minutes in a convection oven. Leave the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the cookie sheet.
Recipe made in partnership with the Gourmandise School in Santa Monica, CA.