TCHO Brownie Cookies with Salted Caramel Crème
1. Dissolve sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Increase to high heat.
3. Regularly swirl the pot, using the handle, to keep the mixture moving. It will soon begin to bubble, but do not stir the mixture directly.
4. After about 3-4 minutes, the mixture will turn to a light amber color, then to medium and finally a dark amber in color. Once the mixture begins to smoke, add the heavy cream and butter. Watch out! The mixture may bubble a lot.
5. Whisk everything to combine, then set aside to cool completely.
TCHO Brownie Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place 7 ounces (just over half) of the TCHO chocolate and the butter in a saucepan over low heat, gently stir until melted and smooth. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla for 15 minutes (or until pale and creamy).
4. Add in flour, baking powder, melted TCHO and the remaining 5 ounces of solid chocolate (that’s right, chunks of TCHO … in TCHO chocolate brownie cookies!). Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
5. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
6. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes (or until puffed and cracked).
8. Allow to cool completely before removing from tray.
Caramel Creme Filling
1. Beat butter on high until creamed.
2. Add in confectioner sugar and salt, beat until lightly combined
3. Fold in caramel, beat until well-mixed.
1. Spread about a teaspoon and a half of caramel creme filling on the underside of one brownie cookie.
2. Place a second brownie cookie (bottom side down) on top of the frosting layer.
The consistency of the caramel can be altered depending on your preference. If it becomes too hard, try slowly re-heating it, and adding a bit more water, milk or heavy cream to thin it out. If it is too liquidy, make a second batch of caramel and cook it slightly longer, then mix the two.