Hazelnut & Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Made by By The Gourmandise School
- Standing Mixer
- Paddle Attachment
- Bowl Scraper
- 1" Ice Cream Scoop/Cookie Scoop
- Small Bowl
- Small Sauce Pan
Makes 12 Servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Using the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a paddle attachmen, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and creme fraiche and mix until smooth.
- Scrape your mixer well and beat for another few seconds.
- Add the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa nibs.
- Scoop about 1 small tablespoon of dough and place 1" apart on your baking sheets.
- Bake for about 8 minutes. Cool completely before sandwiching with chocolate filling.
- Melt butter in a small pan or in the microwave. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until it has melted. Let this rest to spreadable consistency.