Made by TCHO Pro Pastry Chef Jessica Craig
Yield: 8, 2-inch ramekins
1 cup Milk
4 Gelatin Sheets (gold)
2 cups Heavy Cream
1 lbs TCHO 54% Dark Milk Chocolate
¼ tsp Salt
8 oz Sugar
2 oz Water
1 cup Cream
½ oz Butter
¼ tsp Salt
Splash of Vanilla
- Place your gelatin sheets in a cup of cold water to bloom for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a small sauce pot, heat the cream, and whisk in the bloomed gelatin sheets on medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Pour the liquid over the chocolate and whisk together until smooth then pour the chocolate mixture into 8, 2in ramekins then place in the refrigerator to set.
- After fifteen minutes cover the pudding with a sheet of plastic wrap pressed against the surface and refrigerate until fully thickened, about 2 hours.
In a tall stainless steel pot, on low heat, stir together the sugar and water with a spatula until the sugar is completely melted. Then, remove your spatula, turn up the heat and cook until the mixture starts to bubble and turn a dark amber color.
TCHO Pro Tip: For best results, once you have increased the temperature, do not use a utensil in the pot to prevent the sugar from crystalizing. You may gently swirl the caramel in the pot using the pot handle.
- Once the sugar is a dark amber color, turn off the heat and gently add the cream in 2-3 parts and whisk together.
- Add softened butter, salt, and vanilla and whisk together until smooth.
- Let the caramel cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour chocolate pudding into small ramekins, set in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Pour room temperature caramel over the chocolate pudding.
- Chop TCHO 54% Dark Milk Chocolate into small pieces and sprinkle over the caramel for added flavor and texture.
Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt.