Dark Chocolate Raspberry Sorbet with Magic Shell
Made by TCHO Pro Nathan Lyon
— Nathan Lyon
Ice Cream Scoop
Makes 3 Servings
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Sorbet
- Mix the raspberry preserves and ¼ cup of the boiling water in a small bowl. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Put the cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Strain the raspberry preserves/water mixture through a fine mesh strainer into the medium bowl with the cocoa powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, sugar and chopped chocolate the remaining 2 cups of boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth in texture and sugar and chocolate have dissolved, approximately 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend on low for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a metal bowl and refrigerate until chilled, approximately 2 hours, or overnight.
- Transfer the chilled mixture into an ice cream machine and process. Then, transfer sorbet to a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap (pressing the film directly against the surface of the sorbet) and freeze until firm.
- For the magic shell, place chocolate in a double boiler. Add coconut oil. Stir until melted. Store at room temperature and reheat for service.
- To serve, scoop sorbet into bowl and top with magic shell. Add your favorite toppings, such as sea salt, chopped hazelnuts and/or fresh raspberries.