Iced Hawt Chocolate with Roasted Matcha
Roasted matcha (aka hojicha) is Japanese green tea that has undergone a lengthy roasting process, and then it is stone ground. The flavor becomes malty, roasty, and toasty, and it is such a perfect pairing with chocolate! The addition of Ceylon cinnamon, makes it quite festive and cozy without overpowering the chocolate. Additionally, you can make this drink hot by heating up your plant-based milk, but I find that the flavors are more subtly intriguing cold.
- Matcha Whisk or Whisk
- Stirring Spoon
- Add all the dry ingredients–TCHO Hawt Chocolate, roasted matcha, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt into your bowl.
- Then, add hot water and slowly mix the dry ingredients with the matcha whisk. Start slow with your whisk, then gradually whisk the mixture vigorously to melt any dry lumps. Once everything is evenly mixed, set aside.
- Then, in a mixing bowl add the cold heavy cream or coconut milk (preferably cold straight out of the fridge), sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whisk with a balloon whisk for 4-5 minutes until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Finally, prep your cup! Add ice to your cup and your choice of plant-based milk–leaving two inches of room from the top. (If you are drinking it hot, simply warm up your plant-based milk until your desired temperature.)
- Then, slowly pour your chocolate mixture and top with your chantilly whipped cream. Enjoy!